Friday, June 30

The Ugly Deerling


When I have to ask myself, "Is this UGLY?" everytime I make something I don't know if this is a natural self-critique or if I should be getting the message through to my detached head in the clouds! My husband suggests I find a gal pal here in Vegas (I'm NOT a loser I swear! But, I haven't met a single kindred spirit since moving here four long years ago!) to help me with my aesthetics. He claims to have no eye for these types of things I make--I suspect he is saving my delicate ego from permanent scarring. I just produced this photo holder and presented it to him for a response--maybe I should have waited until he'd completely emerged from the fog of sleep because he reacted uabashedly disdainful--he gaffawed is more like it! He did say he liked the deer and I appreciate that because I think I might go in the direction of embroidered applique brooches soon, but that the whole spray of wire and the photo holder I attached it to was not working. So, with all that said and with respect to my husband's suggestion to seek advice in the outside world, I will turn to you, my "gal pals," and ask for your feedback. That is, when I start to have viewers ! heee hee! For now, I will chat with myself and perhaps find some resolution to my first and constant question, "Is this UGLY?!"

5 Comments:

Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

Not ugly, cute!!!! Glad to have found your blog, I just started one not to long ago too! I have a couple of crafty friends where I live, but mostly I have been finding them in flickr where I've finally found my Tribe of people who like what I like!!!! I'm addicted to flickr too and have a thing for birds in my artwork!
I have een to Vegas ten years ago backpacking with my husband,with hardly any money, but had a great time Love the name of your blog, I will link you up so I can drop in often to see what you're up to!

6:13 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Su Limbert said...

Your blog blows me away! I will escape to it often! I love the birds I've seen so far in your beautiful works. They make me cooo!

I find that with little money and without an air conditioned bubble around me at all times there is little to do here in Vegas (esp. summertime)! Yet, I suppose with all the kitsch and doodads and whatzits out there on those glitzy boulevards there's always something to feast my eyes on!

I'm glad you stumbled upon my new baby blog and took a minute to say hi because you're blog is so inspiring and captivating-also, so nice to hear words of encouragement! Thanks thank you thanks!

10:20 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

I think it's cute!

5:26 AM, July 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it to death,i just put it in my favorites on my flickr!!!

11:42 PM, July 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:44 AM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home