Thursday, July 27

Birdies in the Sky Drawing on Wood

Some birdies just make you feel like you've got a friend for life when they swoop down for a visit. These birdies has found a new home but I'll be posting very similar birdie drawing for sale at my etsy shop!-- http://icklebird.etsy.com

I've made a few of these drawings on wood all very similar but different sizes. I spent a lot of time filling in the sky with a metallic blue colored pencil and it left the wood surface with a super sheen when the light hits it. Each bird is heavily outlined in black ink making them look more cartoony and I've added this scalloped border to finish it off--makes me feel like I'm peeping into a picture show machine at a carnival-do you know what I'm talking about?--the ones that are ancient and you're really not too sure if you should be putting your skin up to those greasy goggles but when you do peer through and you've paid your quarter you are delighted to see odd little things dancing about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home