Friday, August 11

Vintage Children's Books (from the "Bounty!")

Dear Margaret,
I am forever indebted to you for you have tripled my vintage childrens book collection and added much better books than I've had the luck to find at thrift stores! Each one has somethings I can use in most everything I make! Pin badges, collages, brooches, plaques!
I'm in love most with Sugar Bear! The ones you specially marked off with ribbon that have Little Red Riding Hood imagery! And so many of them that have deer...drinking at a pond, frollicking in the grass, lost in the forest...all so lovely! I'll be posting more illustration photos in my flickr photostream soon! I'm a very lucky girl! Thank you forever.

5 Comments:

Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

these are beautiful! My sister ( www.acoustitch.blogspot.com ) would be so jealous, I'll tell her to come take a peek!

3:26 PM, August 15, 2006  
Blogger Headexplodie said...

you're so lucky! gotta love those vintage children's books!

10:30 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Su Limbert said...

Anytime I get a chance to visit a thrift store I hunt for vintage chilren's books with great illustrations and never once to I find books like these! There's pictures of birdies and deer and animals having tea! I'll be posting pictures soon of some of the illustrations. Thank you for leaving comments! YAY!

9:35 PM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger Kristy said...

Can Margaret be my friend too please?

12:59 AM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger The Hatchling Press said...

Hi Su!
It's me Margaret, finally here to share in the fun. I'll try to put together another box o' bounty asap! Can't wait to see what fun little goodies you create!

9:26 PM, December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home