Sunday, July 30

Religious Kitsch Brooches


Religious Kitsch Brooches, originally uploaded by icklebird.

When I told my husband that these are loaded in gawdiness and who knows if anyone would buy them he said this very important point: "what religious souvenirs have you seen that you've looked at and said, "oh that's absolutely beautiful"-religious souvenirs are MEANT to be gawdy and tacky!" So hopefully I've hit the nail on the head with these! I'm going to post them for sale on etsy over the next few days! I do apologize but I don't know the names of the Saints and would love for someone to come along a tag the ones they can identify so I can give them accurate titles. I have to send you to beebalalou's flickr photostream and etsy shop to see where I got my inspiration from--all this kitsch needed to turn into brooches! I was trying to stick them on yarn flowers and felt with sequins but I had a little help looking at beebalalou's amazing creations--you HAVE to see her stuff--she has a bounty of FLOCKED ANIMALS!! and plastic swans! Oh what beauty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pink Cat Shop said...

Your husband was right... and you are awesome girl! They are absolutely fab!

5:13 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Saw these on flickr and love them all too bits.. would look pretty cute with my flannel Jesus backpack...

;)

5:41 PM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are soooo kitch! love them!

12:48 AM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

these are fabulous! I love your birdie photo holder too! Great stuff!!!

5:55 PM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Su Limbert said...

yay to you all! Thank you so much for leaving your kind comments! I have to say these religious kitsch brooches look a lot cooler on than sitting here in these pictures! Thanks so much for stopping by my baby blog!

7:00 AM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home