Sunday, December 10

Birdies in the Woods Tree Trimming

There's one reliable source for crafty ideas that I know I can turn to for inspiration and that's Martha Stewart's Holiday Gift Ideas Edition. I flagged about ten different projects to try. This one evolved from her vintage looking gift wrap embellishments (there were also pipecleaner stockings and twisted candy canes). I didn't realize how oversized my version was until I finished and realized bedecking it with a little bow wasn't going to cut it! So I pulled out my collection of random holiday miniatures and wallah! Super-Opulant Charm (remember opulant is my fancied up word for...gawdy!). I can see the potential for these to have a backing of felt and an elaborate holiday scene with snow and glitter in the donut hole opening! When I asked my husband what he thought of these, he said it was "pretty, but, is it a brooch?" with a concerned look on his face! The running joke in my family is that I am likely to turn anything into a brooch despite it's enormity or it's obvious gawdiness. Hmmmph! Truth be told, I never can tell if it's pretty or ugly! I just know that I like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

You've been posting again! Yay!!! keep it up.

7:09 AM, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home