Tuesday, December 26

Make Your Own Glitterboard Village!

Here's the book where I found all the templates at the library: Vintage Christmas Crafts by Sara Toliver. ISBN #1-4027-2791-7.
(Priced at $14.95 on the cover)

There's three different styles and three different houses for each style. Templates are to be photocopied and enlarged. I wound up copying them at full size, cutting each piece of the pattern out and then enlarging them individually so I could make mine bigger. Seems like the most time-consuming factor was tracing the pattern and cutting it out but it would have helped to have had some extra X-Acto blades handy! I used the box we got our animated lawn doe in for extra sturdiness. Avoid using super fat cardboard because it buckles and separates. I found that the crystal clear glitter looks more like the traditional mica houses and lets the paint colors show through for more color variety. The little houses were painted and covered in matching colored glitter for a Liberace effect : ). I coiled up a white pipecleaner for the wreath and topped the roof, the ground and the tops of everything with fake sparkly snow paint! I think I'm going to have to get more templates ready-these are addicting! If you do make one from the book and remember me=email me a link to a picture! : )! Happy Glitterdays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home