Friday, March 7

It All Adds Up, You Know!?

When I downloaded the digital photos I took of myself two years and two months ago I labeled the file, "Don't look at me!" (that's the old me in the middle!) It's been an empowering journey of weight loss! I've gone from 255 lbs (my last recorded weight before even my pregnancy weight gain) size 22/24 (2xl) to 158lbs size 8/10!! I'm working on whittling away the last 20 pounds this spring and summer. I suppose after I reach that final weight loss goal I'll have to move on to fitness goals--Mike's going to help me train for a half marathon in December. Gulp! I don't know if running is for me-I'd rather go hiking or speedwalk to get a cup of coffee! I'm up to running 2 miles in 23 minutes. Slow progress, but, one thing I've learned through this is that some progress is better than no progress and in the end it does add up. Tada!

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthea Bartlett said...

Congratulations, you look great!

12:00 AM, March 23, 2008  
Blogger bess said...

Fantastic work! I'm so glad I found your blog.

12:52 PM, March 27, 2008  
Blogger Debra Johnson said...

Oooh! I love that you shared these photos and Iā€™m soo inspired! Congratulations ā€“ you look fabulous!!!! I just had a baby and I keep thinking that I'm going to attempt doing some running - at night - late - very late - when it's really rally dark outside and no one can see the baby blubber jiggling as I run (walk fast) I keep wearing the large t-shirts ā€“ hehe! And I should probably stop wearing the maternity jeans with the elastic waist band. Okay, I may need to stop looking at blogs and put on my running shoes! Debra

12:06 AM, May 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home