Sunday, March 9

Good Things--When your toddler can craft too!

Now that Izzie is 3 years old she's able to follow some basic directions on gluing and cutting and, with a little guidance on the location of things, assembled this adorable piggie bank! She's very much into counting her pennies and finding change here and there as we go for walks which she claims are from the Tooth Fairy! She's saving up for a Charlie and Lola doll and a Crane for her train set. I walked to the craft supply store to buy Izzie more paints but instead spent the money on this issue of Good Things for Kids: Fun Stuff to Make with Simple
Supplies. We set Izzie up for painting and coloring daily but these sort of constructive, useful projects are right up my alley and get me more involved with Izzie! So today after the routine Sunday trips to the grocery store and library, we're coming home to make the sail boats out of straws, paper, and plastic yoghurt lids and perhaps we'll use some fabric glue to make some catnip and felt fish toys for the kitties! I'll be posting more pics as we make things from this issue! I've now got a partner in craft!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lola Enchanted said...

what a cute pig!!!

8:21 AM, April 29, 2008  
Blogger Debra Johnson said...

I love these projects too - but always find the child has abandoned the project half way through...and I'm still making the pig 'alone'....I feel the need to finish...and know that I'm the only one that 'cares' at that point!! hehe! Debra

12:09 AM, May 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home