Sunday, March 9

A teeny step is better than none at all to get to your goal

I posted about my weight loss but never mentioned how I did it! So here's my little promotion for weight watchers. It worked for me- so if you're like I was and you don't think it will work listen up:

1) I started at 255 lbs size 22/24, at least that's my last recorded weight before my pregnancy weight gain and I am down to 153lbs size 8.

2) I lost about 40 lbs at first by just switching to slimfast for breakfast with yogurt or fruit and a slimfast for lunch with a yogurt or other small extra. This got old after a while and I started to think about how easy it would be to gain it all back if I stopped drinking Slimfast. I didn't want to be stuck drinking this sludge forever. I wanted to learn how to eat so I quit drinking it and started to try to just eat better. I struggled with portion control and didn't know where to start-I needed convenience foods that were good for me-is that even possible?

3) My beautiful and lovely friend, Kelsey, had been mentioning how she wanted an accomplice at her weight watchers meetings. I would smile and nod and say maybe,but I had decided long ago that Weight Watchers was something to be ashamed of being part of because the world would know that you couldn't figure out how to eat for yourself. It seemed all too embarrassing that I simply couldn't figure out something as fundamental as eating right.

4) I realize now that it's more than just having the knowledge to choose a carrot over a cookie. It's having in the forefront of my mind at all times when emotions get the best of me that my body, my health, my family, and my Self are worth the effort.

5) Now, I find myself training for a 5K race, walking instead of driving, and keeping a green happy kitchen that puts the environment and whole foods over waste and convenience! Baby steps really help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

Thanks for the post, I think I needed to hear that.

Jill in Florida

3:01 PM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Amy H. said...

Wow! That is so impressive. It helps to hear other peoples success stories. I think I just try to cut back too much too quickly and can't maintain that level. Baby steps are the way to go.

10:39 PM, August 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home